Well here it is almost the end of September and I am just now sitting down to update our blog. Much has been going on and there is NO way I could possibly get it all into one update, but I will try to give some highlights.
The kids got home from G'ma and G'pa's house safe and sound mid August. They had SOOOO much fun. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to mom and dad for all they have done for us this summer.
Beth and Nick started school at George Washington Academy towards the end of August. They are doing well in school, and learning lots. It is a charter school, and I am so happy they got in this year as it has been difficult to get into this school. We have been trying since before we moved here. Anyway Beth is in 2nd grade. she loves to read and is getting better at math. Nick is in first grage and he loves to be social and is getting better at following the rules. He is a quick learning and is also learning to read well.
Dennis....well Dennis is 3 and growing up so fast. He seems like such a big boy most days nbut still wants to be a little boy at night. He talks so good and keeps us on our toes. Dennis likes to play with the dogs and ride his bike.
Quintin is the quiet funny one in the family. He just goes through the day and does his own thing. He likes to take my shoes and throw them down the stairs to watch them fall. He also likes to go down the stairs on his belly. Quintin likes to dance and listen to music.
Ive been working 3 days a week. My case load is picking up so my days are LONG (12 hour). but if I work 3 long days, then I can be home the other 4 days of the week. So far it is working out.
Simpson is still at RCA and loving it. He just got home from work yesterday and we sure love having him home. It is hard being a single parent every other week. We went to the playground today, then finally got the pinata that we bought for Dennis' birthday (in April) out and had the kids try to break it. In the end Simpson had to break it the kids got tired of hitting it and just wanted the candy.
We are looking forward to the holidays coming up and all the weddings in the family too. We hope that all of you are doing well and would love to hear how you are doing.
cute kids, Katie! It's good to have an update on your family. We think of you often - we love you and miss you!
ReplyDeleteHows Simpson doing these days? I heard what happened. Hope all is well. The kids are getting so big!!!!
ReplyDelete